Fly high above the Pacific Ocean on a helicopter tour from Long Beach that explores Orange County’s beaches, seaside cities and glamorous mansions. Step onboard for an 18- or 35-minute flight, and watch for dolphins and whales as you skim above the water. Spot surfers riding the breaks at Bolsa Chica State Park, and get a glimpse of the exclusive community at Newport Beach. Soar over a chain of iconic California beaches and crumbling rock cliffs, then bank back up the coast and touch down at the Long Beach heliport.
What to Expect
Embark on your coastal helicopter tour from Long Beach Heliport, located next to the Queen Mary, the grand passenger ship that sailed the Atlantic for decades. Aboard your comfortable helicopter, take to the skies and head south along Orange County’s lovely beachfront communities, listening to your knowledgeable pilot talk about the history and character of these affluent seaside areas.
Fly over the oceanfront homes in the Long Beach neighborhoods of Belmont Shores and Naples. See the popular surfing area at Bolsa Chica State Beach and the houses of the Sunset Beach area of Huntington Beach. Your pilot soars above Newport Beach, allowing you to marvel at the city’s lavish estates and popular shoreline. Take in views of the famous surf spot called The Wedge, as well as sights like Pirate’s Cove Beach, Crystal Cove State Park, the sprawling Newport Dunes Resort and the area of Corona del Mar.
Your tour culminates with dazzling vistas of the coastline and spectacular clifftop homes of Laguna Beach. Keep your camera handy as you pass one jaw-dropping property after another. Enjoy some final picturesque coastal views as you head back north to the Long Beach Heliport and conclude your 35-minute helicopter ride.
Short on time? Opt for a 18-minute helicopter flight which includes Orange County’s breathtaking neighborhoods up until Huntington Beach which is also known as Surf City USA.
Long Beach Heliport
Please confirm your exact departure time with local operator after booking. Failure to reconfirm may result in cancellation of your tour without refund.
18- or 35-minutes
Returns to original departure point
- 18-minute helicopter tour (if option selected)
- 35-minute helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Infants under the age of 2 are considered lap children. Proof of age is required in the form of a passport or a birth certificate
- Please note: Seat location is determined by passenger weights and front seats cannot be guaranteed at any time
- This tour is wheelchair accessible provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking the aircraft
- You MUST call to reconfirm your departure times with Island Express Helicopters within 24 hours of booking. Your tour is not confirmed until then.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.