Soar over dozens of yachts dotting crescent-shaped Avalon Harbor, and hover above Catalina’s most famous landmark, the Catalina Casino. This circular icon, established in 1929, dominates the waterfront with its restored art deco design.
Take in captivating views of picturesque villages, steep seaside cliffs, native plants, roaming buffalo, soaring eagles and frolicking dolphins as you fly above the island. See the old farming settlement of Middle Ranch and the tiny village of Two Harbors, where the island is only .25 miles (.40 km) wide. Cruise over the historic El Rancho Escondido, which today houses a vineyard but once was home to Arabian horses owned by the Wrigley family, who invested heavily in the island’s infrastructure.
Throughout your tour, learn about Catalina Island’s history, geology and wildlife from your pilot. Your 30-minute tour of beautiful Catalina Island ends where it began in the resort town of Avalon.
Limited on time? Opt for the 15-minute half-island tour to see the highlights of Catalina!
Pebbly Beach Heliport
Please confirm your exact departure time with local operator after booking. Failure to reconfirm may result in cancellation of your tour without refund.
Returns to original departure point
- 15-minute helicopter tour (if option selected)
- 30-minute helicopter tour (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Infants under the age of 2 are considered lap children. Proof of age is required in the form of a passport or a birth certificate
- Please note: Seat location is determined by passenger weights and front seats cannot be guaranteed at any time
- This tour is wheelchair accessible provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking the aircraft
- You MUST call to reconfirm your departure times with Island Express Helicopters within 24 hours of booking. Your tour is not confirmed until then.